To get maximum service from your cables, be sure that they are clean and well oiled. This not only provides running
lubrication but greatly extends the life of the cables as well.
Snake Oil preserves and protects your sewer cables against rust and corrosion. It's better than common lubricants
because its special rust inhibitor cuts through moisture and replaces it with a rust resistant coating. You'll significantly
extend the life of your cables and your sewer machine, including the drum, bearings and power cable feed rollers. In
addition, Snake Oil includes a deodorizer that gives your equipment a fresh, clean smell. Available in quarts and
POWER CABLE FEED
Keep feed free of excessive soil and grit. It is recommended that the feed be flushed with fresh water followed by a light oiling of the moving parts. No
disassembly is normally required. Failure to feed can usually be traced to the following possibilities:
Over time, dirt can harden enough to stop roller rotation. If disassembly is required, proceed as follows:
1. Remove feed tension knob, spring, swing pin and spring plunger.
Note the positioning of these parts to ease reassembly.
The top roller can now be removed.
2. Remove the end caps and thrust washers from the bottom housing cylinders and swing pins.
The bottom rollers can now be removed.
3. Reassembly is done in reverse order.
Excessive use and over tightening the power cable feed knob may wear a roller to the point of failure. It is recommended that all three rollers be replaced at
the same time. The replacement roller is an assembly consisting of one (1) feed roller, two (2) feed roller bearings and two (2) bearing spacers.
Note: The bearing spacers must be installed between the carrier and each feed roller bearing in order to ensure proper operation and to obtain
maximum feed roller life.
To Replace the Feed Roller Assembly:
Before attempting to install the assembly, hold the assembly together and remove the wire.
- 1. Remove the feed roller assembly by unscrewing and removing the feed roller axle.
- 2. For convenience, the components are assembled at the factory.
After removing the pencil point, continue to assemble.
- 3. While still holding the feed roller assembly together, insert it into the slot opening of the carrier.
- 4. In order to help align the spacers and bearings, insert a pencil point or similar object through the unthreaded end of the axle hole in the carrier.
bearings to the threaded Axle hole on the other side of the carrier.
- 5. The feed roller axle should then be inserted through the same unthreaded axle hole and should continue to be guided through the spacers and
- 6. Securely tighten the axle to the carrier with a 3/16" allen wrench.
QUICK FIX CONNECTORS
|The slip clutch is
designed to protect
CHANGING THE ROLLERS
Quick-Fix can be used to repair cables that break or kink fairly close to the end. After cutting the cable
flush at the point of the break or kink, screw the Quick-Fix on the end of the cable until the cable end
comes in contact with the connector part of the Quick-Fix. No welding is necessary.